Marine fare eligibility
Although marine fares are strictly controlled by airlines, the eligibility for use is generally the same.
Below is the general rule for the industry:-
- Seaman traveling on duty to/from vessel and who are in possession of a valid seaman’s book
- Staff employed to work on a vessel, but not a registered seaman but who are added to the manifest
- A wife/husband of a seaman traveling to/from vessel and who has been added to the ship’s manifest
- Engineers, contractors, surveyors and superintendents traveling to/from vessel to carry out work on a vessel whether in dock or at sea
- Persons engaged in repositioning of semi-submersible or drilling rigs under their own power.
- Yacht delivery and superyacht crew
- Vessels in dry dock or being built/repaired
Some airlines require a seamen book (discharge book) as proof of entitlement to travel on a marine fare.
If in doubt please ask our reservation team for clarification.